ACTIVITIES AND SERVICES OFFERED
- Understanding the history of the intellectual and developmental disabilities field as a context for change;
- Intensive week-long leadership institutes;
- Distance learning opportunities in disability leadership and courses that assist agencies to move from program-based services to quality individualized supports;
- Interdisciplinary graduate and undergraduate Disability Leadership programs at the University of Delaware including the Universityís highly regarded Master of Public Administration program, now offering a specialization in Leadership in Community-Based Disabilities Services;
- Leadership training tailored to the specific needs of disability organizations, offered on-site or on the University of Delaware campus;
- Mentoring programs for current and future executive-level staff of organizations supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities;
- A 15-credit on-line certificate program in Disability Leadership (with credits applicable to Master of Public Administration in Leadership in Community-Based Disabilities Services) (under development);
- Training and support for top-level staff of state departments of developmental disabilities;
- A website tailored to the needs of emerging leaders in the disability field that includes relevant articles, links to quality information, opportunities for focused discussions, and listings of available leadership jobs nationally; and
- Research on best practices and innovations specific to disability leadership.
- The Department of Human Development and Family Studies offers opportunities to pursue a Masterís Degree with an emphasis in Human Services Administration.
To learn more about the Leadership Institute, e-mail Nancy Weiss at email@example.com.